Application Process & Requirements
You are qualified to apply for the dual degree programs with Queen Mary University of London if you have:
- A bachelor’s degree (civil degree) in any discipline
- An undergraduate general average of 85% or B or higher
- Acceptable scores in the entrance tests administered by the Ateneo Bulatao Center
- At least a 92 in the (internet-based) TOEFL exam or a 6.5 in IELTS
- Nine (9) units of undergraduate mathematics (for data science program applicants.
* In the event the student has insufficient preparation in mathematics, the department may prescribe up to 6 units of mathematics as bridging courses
For Non-Filipino/International applicants:
- In lieu of the Ateneo entrance test, international applicants may submit Graduate
Record Exam (GRE) results.
- TOEFL or IELTS exam results are required.
Download the application form here or obtain a copy from the Ateneo Office of Associate Dean for Graduate School (OADGP).
Fill-out the application form and prepare the following requirements:
One (1) photocopy of the filled-out Form
Two (2) copies of personal essay (topic is indicated in the application form)
- For Filipino applicants: Two (2) photocopies of the applicant’s official transcript of
undergraduate and graduate records (if applicable) and its English translation, if the
degree is awarded in another language.
For international applicants: Two (2) photocopies of authenticated* official transcript of records for
the bachelor’s degree with the official grading system and in its English translation, bearing the
original signature of the Registrar and school seal.
- Four (4) colored 2” x 2” size ID pictures
- Three (3) duly accomplished Recommendation Forms (download here) and one
reference letter for QMUL (from academic if most recently in study or professional if
- Two (2) photocopies of the applicant’s birth certificate
- Two (2) photocopies of marriage certificate (for married women)
- Two (2) photocopies of passport bio-page and valid visa (for international applicants)
Additional requirements for international applicants:
- TOEFL/IELTS results and one (1) photocopy
- Two (2) photocopies of authenticated* certificate of graduation or certified true copy of diploma for the bachelor’s degree and graduate degree, if any, and their English translation.
- In case the applicant obtained said bachelor’s degree in less than four (4) school years, two (2) photocopies of the Certificate of Degree Equivalency issued by the Ministry of Education in the applicant’s country to determine the applicant’s earned degree.
Submit the documents at the OADGP and pay the application fee and testing fee.
SY 2018 - 2019
|Intercession||First Sem||Second Sem|
|Filipino Applicants||April 4, 2018||May 15, 2018||October 10, 2018|
|Applying from Abroad||Janaury 20, 2018||March 31, 2018||July 15, 2018|
|Applying from the Philippines||March 1, 2018||May 15, 2018||September 15, 2018|
Take the entrance exam.
You may be interviewed by the Ateneo Department Chair of Information Systems and Computer Science.
If you pass the Ateneo screening, your application will be forwarded to the Queen Mary University of London for evaluation.
You will be notified regarding your application status.
If you are applying in the stand alone programs, please click here